Pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful phenomenons but also a significant stress on one’s body. Our bodies have a fantastic capacity to adapt but some guidance from your physiotherapist can be a great investment of your time through this stage.
Did you know that your physiotherapist can help you optimize how your body handles the changes of pregnancy, improve your postpartum recovery, get back to being physically active and prevent long term issues?
Examples of what we can help with:
- Low back/sacroiliac/pubic symphysis/hip pain and the common new-mom mid/upper back pain: Thorough assessment and treatment
- Diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles): Tailored exercise program, education, and tips for your daily life
- Tips and guidance for safe and successful return to impact activities (like running), strength training, etc.
- Tips to optimize body mechanics for lifting and carrying a growing baby
- Tips to optimize nursing/feeding posture to minimize mid back pain and neck tension
At this time we do not offer internal pelvic floor physiotherapy. However, our therapists are qualified to help to-be moms, new and not-so-new moms with the above mentioned aspects of pregnancy and its recovery. Referral will be made as needed.